About the Role
Are you ready to start something BIG? Working with world-class Caterpillar machinery, you will learn about the repair, service and maintenance of a massive range of equipment, engines and power systems. You will acquire skills and knowledge through on-the-job training and study, all under the guidance of the best in the business.
We offer a competency based apprenticeship that can allow you to complete your trade certificate in less than four years and gain skills for life. Our 2023 intake begins in February 2023.
Our 2023 Rockhampton Intake offers the following apprenticeships:
- Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Apprentice Auto Electrician
- Apprentice Engine Reconditioner
You will bring the following skills, experience and attributes to an apprenticeship:
About the Benefits
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career in your chosen trade, demonstrated through work experience or previous studies in the area
- Completing year 12 in 2022 or have previously completed year 12 with a minimum sound achievement in English and Maths or;
- Have left school prior to completing grade 12 and have a minimum 2 years work experience in a relevant field
- Experience working in an industrial environment and competently using hand tools
- A positive attitude towards workplace health and safety
- Excellent listening, comprehension, and communication skills
- A willingness to commit to structured training
Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
APPLY NOW: hit the apply button!
Only one application and apprenticeship preference per candidate will be considered. Applications must be completed in full and submitted online.
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- A culture of inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution
- Competitive pay & conditions
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- Subsidised Tooling – discounts to purchase CAT branded tooling. Apprentices are expected to participate in The CAT tool program as part of their employment with Hastings Deering
Enquiries: 1300 071 618 or
Applications Close: 29 May 2022
More info: hastingsdeering.com.au/apprentice23
Every day, thousands of people come to work at Hastings Deering and every time they walk through our doors, we want them to know how valued they are. Our Flexibility and Inclusion program, ‘Together as One’, is designed to create a diverse, inclusive and powerful workforce where all our people feel like they belong and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.