The Creche and Kindergarten Association Limited (C&K) is a not-for-profit early childhood provider with nearly 350 early childhood education and care services located across Queensland. C&K acknowledges that each child and family have unique early education and care requirements and so we provide a range of different programs including childcare, kindergarten, outside school hours' care and integrated services.
About the opportunity
C&K Clinton Community Childcare Centre we are proud of our spacious natural environment and use this as a catalyst for challenging and open-ended play where children are provided with uninterrupted time to explore and engage in learning. We are looking for someone with exceptional relationships skills with families and children, and who is dedicated to furthering their own learning as an early childhood professional.
At C&K Clinton Community Childcare Centre, we are currently seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Group Leader to join our Centre in Gladstone QLD. Your new role will have you leading in the Nursery room and working Permanent Full-time hours.
As an Educator with C&K you will have the opportunity to learn and grow, to bring new skills and ideas to challenge your knowledge and deliver excellence in early education and care. This is a fantastic steppingstone into the organisation where you will meet and learn from your Director, Teacher and room leaders, as well as other educators throughout the centre.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Hold Diploma in Children's Services and or studying towards one
- Hold a current blue card
- Current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Previous experience working with the nursery room or within a childcare setting
- An ability to work as an effective team member
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- Understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Ability to drive and implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and group are met
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining positive relationships with families that supports each child's needs
- An ability to document observations of children's behaviour and development
You will be given training and support to C&K's new revised curriculum "Listening & Learning Together" as well as our Birth to Three approach. C&K offers an online learning education hub and has a dedicated Learning and Development department which provides our employees access to online training and courses for our educators to access.
As well as;
- Beautiful natural learning environments for children and educators to learn together
- Collaborative and engaging team culture
- Work for one of Queensland's leading early education not-for-profit providers
- Career progression opportunities
- C&K pays for our permanent staff to have a paid blue card and renewals
- Build your networks through C&K in the Early Childhood sector
- Gain experience with all age groups through long day care
- Feel connected through regular C&K updates, use of online systems, access to policies and procedures and online learning
- Feeling connected through your community
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Salary packaging options & above award wage
- Priority access to C&K childcare and Kindergarten services
- Access to our employee Assistance program (EAP)
C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse backgrounds.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
If this sounds like you, apply now!