Our Graduate Program
We recognise the value graduates add to our business. So, we designed a program that gives you meaningful work, access to experienced mentors and the opportunity to learn and grow. We are an action-oriented company where not only will you be developed but your ideas and suggestions are also always welcome!
We are looking to ultimately develop you into an Operations Manager or technical expert - in the future you could be leading teams, improving plant reliability or being the one who solves some of our most complex and challenging problems. As a Graduate Engineer, you will complete two x 12-month rotations, spending your time across our two major integrated cement plants and gain a wealth of knowledge and experience of our operations. You will be given day-to-day responsibilities, critical project work (even managing your own!) and both structured and on-the-job learning. There may also be the opportunity to complete short projects that take you to our other sites to broaden your experience.
We will connect you with mentors and provide opportunities to network with other graduates. As a future leader of our business, it is important to us that you do “real work” and therefore you’ll be exposed to the full cycle of our operations. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet with, engage and present to senior leaders in our business to help develop those important soft skills to compliment your technical knowledge.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Joining our Operations division, you will provide technical and engineering support to the site maintenance team. This includes:
- Identifying and managing risks
- Root cause analysis investigation and reporting
- Condition monitoring
- Analysing data, problem solving and troubleshooting equipment issues
- Contributing to maintenance planning and execution
- Managing or contributing to reliability improvement projects
- Capital projects and shutdown work with the potential to enhance your leadership skills and supervise small teams.
Through this work you will develop your understanding of the maintenance and asset management life cycle and make a valuable contribution to our sites.
- You have or are close to completing a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (role commences January 2024)
- You have experience working in a team environment
- You can build rapport and great relationships with a wide variety of people
- You are resilient, tenacious and enjoy analysing data and problem solving
- You bring a positive attitude, a love of learning and a willingness to tackle whatever comes your way
- You are able to travel for work and relocate for each rotation (support provided by us). Rotations will include Gladstone, QLD and Railton, TAS.
Why apply for our program?
- Gain experience across the full asset and maintenance lifecycle
- A truly hands on role that will help learn and develop new skills as an engineer
- Solve real issues and develop to your full potential
- Be part of a supportive team that will help you achieve your goals
- Learn from people who are experts in their field and want to share their knowledge
- Opportunity to travel
- On the job and structured learning
Our application process
Step One – Apply! Applications close Friday 8th September.
Step Two – Phone interview. Chat to one of us straight away.
Step Three – Aptitude testing. Short online assessment.
Step Four – Video interview (not recorded!). Speak to a real person and ask more questions.
Step Five - Video Call with one of our leaders! Learn more about us and ask questions about the role.
Step Six - Final Online Assessment (Sshh, we can’t reveal too much yet, but you will know more about this once you are at Step Five!)
Step Seven – Pre-employment checks and offer. This includes medical, background checks and references.
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.