Stanmore Resources is one of Australia's fastest growing resources company with world-class people, operations and exploration projects in the Bowen and Surat basins. Our exceptional mining practices, strong safety & health culture, and our focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence is renowned in the industry.
Based at our Poitrel mine reporting to the Superintendent Geotechnical you will join a team of 3 highly skilled geotechnical engineers to progressively develop your skills and experience as a Geotechnical Engineer. This will entail:
- Conducting geotechnical investigations, including field mapping, sampling, and laboratory testing, to assess ground conditions and identify potential hazards.
- Monitoring and analysing ground movements, slope stability, and rock mechanics using various instrumentation and geotechnical software.
- Developing and implementing geotechnical monitoring programs to ensure early detection of any geotechnical issues.
- Providing geotechnical input and support for mine planning, design, and operational decision-making.
- Collaborating with the geology, mining, and operations teams to optimize pit design, slope angles, and overall mine stability.
- Conduct regular inspections of high-risk areas and recommend appropriate remedial measures when required.
To set you up for success, we expect you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in geotechnical engineering or a related field.
- Willing to progress towards your RPEQ qualification (we will support you in this)
- Experience with open cut coal mining operations is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What's on offer:
- Residential options or FIFO are available for the right candidate on 8:6 or Monday to Friday
- General study support for continuous development plus support to obtain RPEQ qualification and additional allowance when obtained
- Opportunity to gain experience across 3 mine sites and collaborate with like-minded professionals