Komatsu develops and supplies technologies, equipment and services for the construction, mining, forklift, industrial and forestry markets. For a century, the company has been creating value for its customers through manufacturing and technology innovation, partnering with others to empower a sustainable future where people, business and the planet thrive together. Front-line industries worldwide use Komatsu solutions to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create consumer products. The company's global service and distributor networks support customer operations to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance.
We currently have a vacancy for an entry level Graduate Engineer to join our Engineering team. Working as a member of a tight-knit team, this is an opportunity for you to use your learning, and develop your engineering application, business and product knowledge to build an exciting career in the Engineering environment.
Within the role, you will be exposed to all aspects of Engineering design, manufacturing processes and industry standards, within a fast-paced project environment. Key role deliverables:
- The preparation of design layouts, models, and other engineering specifications to deliver outstanding support for our customers.
- Provide technical assistance/ liaison to manufacturing, including reviewing and acting upon requests for parts deviation from drawings and requests for drawing revisions to aid manufacturing process.
- Learn to interact with the customer, the organisation and the Global Engineering team on matters relating to product performance and its application.
- Assist with field trial tests with respect to product development, performance analysis, and failure analysis of Longwall equipment in the Australian region.
- Experience what it’s like to work with our customers and service team on site related issues.
- You will experience a wide range of people both internally and externally, as well as daily interaction with colleagues in other Komatsu offices globally.
PLEASE NOTE: Please note that only applications with a supporting cover letter outlining the specific selection criteria will be considered for this position.
Your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A degree in Mechanical (or Mechatronic) Engineering eligible for Engineers Australia Professional status. Advance diploma with some relevant experience will also be considered.
- A desire to work within the manufacturing or heavy engineering environment.
- Basic skills in computer aided design (CAD/Inventor/Solid Works) and awareness of FEA. As well as an understanding of basic drawing requirements.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- You will need to be a self-starter and be able to effectively communicate at all levels within the business.
- 12 weeks paid primary carer parental leave.
- Discounts on Apple, Dell, Lenovo and Microsoft products
- Recognition and awards, opportunity to complete recognised Cert III courses, Diploma’s in Leadership & Management, and an Educational Support Program
- Employee Referral Program offering a bonus of $5,000 if you successfully refer someone for a role.
- Discounted corporate rates with Bupa and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program with total wellbeing solution provider Hunterlink
- Discounts with Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Kennards Hire, Bridgestone and Orix
- Discounts with Avis, Qantas, Crown Hotels, IHG and travel agents