An opportunity is now available for a Geotechnical Engineer to join a leading Geotechnical Engineering company in Central Queensland. This long-standing company is rapidly expanding with depots already established in 3 regions and servicing all of Queensland. They continue to build on their project base with infrastructure project wins including mining, industrial, commercial, residential building projects and pavement investigations. As a locally owned and managed business, the emphasis is on long standing relationships and a rewarding career.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the delivery of projects from the investigation, report writing, consultation, construction support, and site verification.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Project development and project management including organisation of resources and field staff, ensuring health and safety is a focal point in all activities, responding to potential problems and obstacles, client support and delivering projects in accordance with budget and schedule
- Ensure geotechnical site investigations are undertaken to ascertain general surface and subsurface conditions including site inspections; in-situ testing; supervision of drilling and investigation works; and organising requisite laboratory testing
- Analysis of a range of geotechnical problems, e.g. shallow and deep foundations, cut-and-cover tunnel structures, embankments, highway pavements, dams, retaining structures, slope stability, soil improvement, and seismic designs, and prepare for geotechnical reports
- Preparation of high level and detailed geotechnical reports
To be considered for this opportunity you:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering field - Mandatory
- Hold current REPQ registration - Mandatory
- Have field based geotechnical engineering experience - Mandatory
- Able to translate results into factual and interpretive reports
- Willing to be hands-on with fieldwork and project management
- Experience in the undertaking, planning, and management of ground investigations
- Experience in geotechnical design and working in a consulting environment
- Proven report writing capability
- Able to operate autonomously yet capable of working and communicating with technicians and other staff and clients
- Construction white card - Desirable
- Current driver's licence - Mandatory
A competitive salary package and the opportunity to hold employee shares in the business is on offer.
Reasonable relocation costs will be negotiated for the right candidate.
This role is based in Central Queensland, the gateway to the tropics with great education facilities, health services, lifestyle, and affordable housing.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on our portal or by attaching a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call CROSS Recruit on 1300 395 583.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment that is inclusive of all. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.