Mater are looking for a General Manager to Join Mater Private Hospital Mackay. This is a permanent, full-time role based out of our 105 bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer Mater Hospitals, you will be responsible for leading and managing the integrated operations of all facilities and services at Mater Private, and Maters purpose-built day surgery located at our Wellington Street Campus.
Working collaboratively as part of the Mater Health senior leadership team you will be accountable for optimising operational and financial performance whilst working with the team to continually improve and grow services, ensuring they are patient and outcomes focused, financially sustainable and operating with the highest safety and quality standards.
To view a copy of the PD, please click GM Mater Private Hospital Mackay PD.pdf:
You are a passionate people leader who thrives on working cohesively whilst leading from the front. You will be a team player, commercially focused with a demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, including VMO’s and public hospital leaders.
Other specific characteristics
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in business, finance, healthcare management or human behaviour discipline
- Experience leading in a clinical context is highly desirable
- Proven experience in operational hospital management with a track record of successfully managing complex operations.
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For a confidential discussion about the role, please email Chris Went, Chief Operating Officer, Mater Hospitals at email@example.com
Please note: It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.