Advancing careers. Advancing everyday life.
Oaky Creek Coal, a Glencore Managed Operation, produces high quality export coking coal. We are a large, dynamic mine with a proven track record. We're professional, take personal ownership and we're committed to providing exceptional outcomes all while delivering safe coal. At Oaky we know it's our people that make it all possible. Our culture promotes teamwork and rewards dedicated people with a can-do spirit, who take responsibility, and who have the drive to be leaders in their field. We expect a lot, but we give a lot in return. We recognise and reward exceptional work.
Reporting to the Gas & Drilling Superintendent, an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Gas Field Electrical Coordinator to join the Oaky Creek Coal team.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing:
- Safe reliable operation of Gas Drainage Plant Flaring Facility (GDPFF) operational activities,
- Coordination of Gas Drainage Field Electrical activities,
- Coordination of GOAF and SIS monitoring activities,
- Reviewing Gas Drainage Field, GOAF and SIS monitoring activities for improvement initiatives,
- Ensuring compliance with gas monitoring activities,
- Supervising Well Services Installation and Surface Contractor Crews relating to Gas Drainage activities, &
- Ensuring compliance with and utilisation of the maintenance reporting system
The successful candidate will have two GDPFF Operations crews, a Goaf Monitor and an SIS Monitor, and Maintenance Planner as direct reports therefore, skills in coaching, mentoring and leading are essential. You will have a desire to build relationships not only amongst your team, but also with the broader Oaky Creek North team.
- Industry experience in plant operations, with experience in SCADA and Citect looked upon favourably.
- Open Queensland Electrical Licence.
- Current EEHA Qualification.
- Experience in instrumentation and control advantageous, but not necessary.
- Advanced Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Just as importantly, we've worked hard to make sure you feel valued. In return, here are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Highly competitive mining salary plus annual short-term performance bonus
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Access to Coal Mining Industry Long Service Leave - one of the most generous long service leave schemes of any industry in the country
- Generously subsidised housing, or permanently allocated camp accommodation
- Relocation assistance
- Opportunities to salary sacrifice flights and/or enter into a novated lease vehicle arrangement
- Private Health or Salary Continuance reimbursement up to $3,500
- Active Lifestyle reimbursement for local amenities
- Years of service awards and Christmas gifts
- Town events and yearly Christmas parties
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses up to $600
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), available to the whole family
- Provision for education assistance if you are wanting to further your studies down the track
The local town of Tieri has an exceptional standard of living and a vast array of facilities for adults and children. Visit www.tieri.com.au to see what its really like to live and work in this top little town.
Applications Close: 3 December 2023.
As per company policy, internal applicants should discuss their interest in this position with their manager prior to applying. For further information please email .
Glencore provides unrivalled career and development prospects, great communities and the opportunity to work with leaders in your field.