- Fixed Term Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- Order – Apprentices and Trainees Wages and Conditions
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Are you a confident and motivated individual with a can-do attitude and a passion for working in horticulture?
Kick start your career by applying for a Trainee Gardener position with Rockhampton Regional Council.
This is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience whilst studying and working towards a successful completion of Certificate II in Horticulture which has a 12 month nominal study term.
You will undertake routine horticultural and landscape maintenance activities, and maintain and operate small machinery and hand tools, all under the supervision of Council’s supportive teams.
What we are looking for
- Someone who is interested in taking the next step in their career within the Horticulture industry!
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning
- Passion for improving the region’s parks and recreational spaces
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who is able to use initiative
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- Your Current resume and your most recent school report card (if you are at school or have left school in the last three years)
- Please provide a 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing each dot point below
- Your interest in Horticulture and why you’re the most suitable candidate for the traineeship
- Please tell us about your skills, work experience and/or volunteer work that may be relevant to the role
To be eligible for this role, applicants must be:
- Able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship.
- C Class Driver Licence
Rockhampton Regional Council Traineeship & Apprenticeship opportunities are made available with the assistance of government funding. These positions are subject to further eligibility requirements. Applicants must meet one of the following identified groups (you can meet more than one requirement):
- Young people (aged 15 – 24 years)
- People with disability
- Long-term unemployed job seekers
- Displaced workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Women re-entering the workforce
- Mature-age job seekers (45 years or older)
- Veterans and ex-ADF personnel and their families
- Migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Benefits of joining Rockhampton Regional Council
· Supportive working environment with on the job mentoring
· A large employer with a strong value driven culture
· Supportive Work/Life Balance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Fitness Passport and active social clubs