Gallery and Museum Education and Engagement Officer
Gladstone Regional Council is seeking to appoint a Gallery and Museum Education and Engagement Officer to contribute to the success of the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum programs.
- Permanent Full Time
- Located at the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum
- 9-day fortnight
About the Role
Gladstone Regional Council’s Art Gallery & Museum (GRAGM) is one of the region’s most iconic locations. Based in the heritage listed old town hall and supported by a highly skilled and passionate team of professionals, this role will develop and deliver capacity building programs for students, artists and arts workers in the Gladstone Region that help connect the Gallery & Museum with the community.
Your role will include:
- Identifying community need and then designing and delivering relevant programs that address knowledge or skill gaps, specifically in the arts and culture sector.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with local educational and learning facilities to ensure that GRAGM programming is relevant to curriculum.
- Cultivating relationships with artists, community groups and organisations with a view of collaborative programming.
- Coordinating the Regional Arts Development Fund.
- Establishing the Gallery & Museum as a key educational resource locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Working with community stakeholders, artists, and arts workers, playing a critical role in planning, and delivering meaningful capacity building programs.
You will be a master of relationship management, a people person who seeks genuine connection and thrives on the challenge of delivering evolving programs and projects that our community are asking for. You believe in the power of education and seek creative ways to reach the entire region.
You will have experience in all aspects of capacity building programming – research, design, delivery and evaluation. You will approach engagement genuinely, to understand community and be creative in developing ways to meet needs. You will be agile in adapting programming to meet changing needs.
If this role sounds like it was made for you and you'd like to bring your go-getter attitude, problem solving skills and awesome ideas to our team then please apply!
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Programming and Development and/or 3+ years’ experience in community cultural planning, development and/or education.
- Time management, prioritisation, and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, and experience liaising with customers and internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain on appointment, a positive notice Working with Children Blue Card.
Why work for GRC?
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply