About the role:
Our Callemondah depot is seeking freight operators to join our team on a casual ongoing basis. You will play a key role in delivering services in a timely manner to our customers. Initially you will be primarily responsible for managing provisioning and unloading activities in the Gladstone area, which is home to the Central Queensland Coal Network South.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to start a career in rail. We are actively looking to push our Freight Operator Level 2s into a number of upcoming shunt schools, which will prepare the right candidates for a potential permanent role within Aurizon Operations.
- C Class Drivers Licence (mandatory)
- Strong commitment to safety
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- A willingness to work Day & Night shifts (up to 12hr shifts) and including weekend work as required
- Commitment to undertake additional training as required.
- Ability to meet CAT 1 Rail Medical Assessment and other pre - offer checks
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands.
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster.
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Or call Marissa Whittington on 07 4932 2223