Fostering Support Worker
Churches of Christ, Children, Youth and Families, MacKay
Permanent Full-time Opportunity
Imagine working for us
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offer you real choices and opportunities to grow your career.
We also offer:
- Salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay;
- Five weeks of annual leave;
- Grants (for eligible employees) to assist in formal study;
- Access to online learning platforms to further develop your skills;
- Discounts through our large network of retail partners.
- Additional benefits such as a paid day off each fortnight;
Established in 1930, We are one of Australia's largest and most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
Active in the areas of children, youth and family services; community housing; retirement living; home care; and residential aged care services, we provide care and compassion to vulnerable people at different stages of their life journey. With over 200 Services in more than 100 communities, we positively impact around 45,000 lives a year.
This beautiful area is known for many reasons, all of them are about one thing - lifestyle. It appeals to many urban professionals, seeking a more relaxed, tropical lifestyle to indulge in the great outdoors, while still maintaining a fulfilling career. With a vast variety of beaches, pristine rainforests and easy access to nearby islands, the Mackay region offers an idyllic work/life balance.
About the role
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be working with children and young people in family-based placements. You will be a part of a dedicated team who support each other to give children and young people a positive journey through care.
No two days will be the same in this diverse role however your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to Foster and Kinship Carers including developing support plans, education and training, and awareness of intervention services;
- Providing ongoing monitoring of placements with Foster and Kinship Carers including the transition of children and young people entering or exiting from placements;
- Developing and implementing the recruitment of Foster Carers including carer training.
You are passionate about the welfare and achieving the absolute best outcomes for children and young people in family-based placements. With an empathetic nature you are compassionate toward vulnerable individuals. You are approachable, and a good problem solver who is able to work autonomously and manage competing priorities.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications and skills for the role will consist of:
- Certificate III in Protective Care, Youth or Community Services or equivalent and/or related experience with a willingness to participate in further training;
- Applied knowledge and understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks;
- Experience in providing training to adults on a range of supports, including behaviour management and stress management strategies;
- Current driver's license;
- Possess or have the ability to acquire a National Police Check, Current Blue Card (Working with Children) and Licensed Care Services (LCS).
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust, Wise Stewardship and Safety.
To apply for this position please click the Apply Button. For further information, please contact Cindy Kember on 07 4953 6100.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.