New Team, New Culture - A rare opportunity to be a part of an exciting companywide transformation
Forklift Driver | Mackay
Team Global Express, alongside Toll People, understand that forklift drivers are a rare resource that need to be respected and valued. We have exciting full time permanent opportunities at the Mackay Depot with highly competitive rates and benefits. You will co-ordinate the unloading and loading of incoming and outgoing general freight and sort into designated dock areas or onto delivery vehicles. But on top of that - we are obsessed with safety and value our employees.
- Monday to Friday Role
- Hourly Rate - $29.64p/hr
- Annual Leave, Personal Leave, Penalties and allowances
- Attendance and reliability are regarded
- Full Time Permanent Opportunities
- Busy, fast paced depot with a safety obsessed culture
- Working within a large, highly supportive team environment
- All PPE and uniforms supplied by site
- Operating a Forklift (LF)
- Loading and unloading oversize, awkward and challenging size freight.
- Efficiently handle freight items manually as required.
- Loading and Unloading of a vehicle in such a way as to avoid accidents and damage and in compliance with the Department of Main Roads regulations.
- Scanning of all freight with scanner device mounted on Forklift.
- Ensure that any Dangerous Goods to be loaded are segregated and restrained in order to comply with Dangerous Goods Code.
- Cube and weigh freight when necessary so that correct charges are raised to the customer.
- Report and Carry out equipment checks and defects.
- Prepare and complete all documentation in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- To perform any other duties that may be required from time to time in accordance with the award
- Work safely and ensure Toll I&SS Safe Work Practices and Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Accurately sort and load freight into designated dock areas and onto delivery vehicles with a high degree of accuracy
- Work efficiently and effectively as a member of a team
- Follow all company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Work Safely
- Perform all or any other duties that may be required from time to time
Skills & Experience
- LF Licence required
- Ability to repeatedly climb on and off forklift, trucks and trailers
- Ability to secure loads
- Ability to open and close container doors and tautliner curtains
- Ability to manoeuvre gates on and off equipment (two-man gate policy)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or call John Markham on 0402 965 715 for a discussion or email john.markham@tollgroup for any queries.
About Toll People
Toll People are Australia's most recognised provider of Transport, Logistics, Supply Chain and Warehouse staff. Whilst we service the Toll Group, we also service hundreds of external clients and partners, offering complete recruitment solutions from permanent and executive recruitment, business support recruitment to flexible labour and award-winning training and development.
About Global Express
Connecting people and communities| Driving eCommerce | Moving Australia & New Zealand
With an unrivalled and expansive network, Global Express builds unique, innovative, and tailored transport and logistics solutions.
From a shipload of containers full of fresh produce, urgent medical deliveries on the next available flight, end-to-end retail to every corner, or simply delivering gifts to friends and family you dearly miss by road or rail, we connect people, communities, and businesses across Australia and New Zealand.
Backed by Allegro Funds, Australia's most awarded and largest transformation and turnaround private equity firm, we're looking to the future and working towards new and exciting ways to put our customers' businesses at the heart of ours.
Toll Group does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies and will not pay any placement fees relating to such unsolicited resume referrals.
All applicants must be entitled to work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and/or drug & alcohol testing as required.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including, the First Nations Peoples, and those of all ages, genders, and abilities.