BUILD A DEEPER CAPABILITY
Thiess are seeking a Fleet Controller at Peak Downs Mine. Reporting to the Production Superintendent you will work collaboratively to deliver high-quality solutions and results.
The following skills ’and abilities are required:
- Real time dispatching of mining equipment and personnel to ensure efficient use of resources
- Ensuring our Fleet Monitoring systems and tools are used to their full capacity
- The ability to prioritising between conflicting demands
- Advanced understanding of the Haul Cycle and continuous improvement strategies
- Experience with Short Interval Controls and plan deviation management
- Excellent knowledge of mining process and systems
- The ability to meet and exceed production and delivery targets
- Liaising with mining and maintenance personnel and other stakeholders
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent problem solving skills and logical aptitude
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate - Client requirement for entry to a BMA site
- Experience controlling large fleets in a mining control role
- Commitment to Health & Safety
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to follow procedures and protocols whilst seeking improvement opportunities
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task whilst remaining focused
- Current O Class driver’s licence
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
- 7/7 roster
- Salary sacrifice options for novated leasing
- Salary continuance insurance
- Discounted health insurance
- Training and ongoing career development opportunities
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
DRIVING A DIVERSE, RESPECTFUL AND INCLUSIVE CULTURE
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here [link removed]. No other requests will be acknowledged.
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.