Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal P/L and MRAEL are partnering to recruit motivated people interested in undertaking a Mechanical (Fitter & Turner) Apprenticeship to commence in January 2024!
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how to maintain multi-million-dollar equipment while working close to home just 38 kilometres south of Mackay. Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal Pty Ltd operates with a name plate capacity of 85 million tonnes per annum exporting coal from Central Queensland to ports around the world. This wouldn’t be possible without great people - people just like you.
Our apprenticeships follow a structured training plan providing you with exciting work opportunities while under the supervision of highly experienced and qualified trade mentors. You will work across all areas of the terminal and assist with the maintenance of plant equipment such as conveyors, stacker/reclaimers and ship loaders.
DBCT P/L benefits include:
- First class training
- The challenge of working with multi-million dollar equipment
- A trade that will take you places
- Working in an environment with the best views of the QLD coast
- Five weeks annual leave
- 4/3 roster (Mon-Thurs or Tues-Fri)
- Lifestyle and 5 panel rosters (fourth year)
Applicants must be living locally or have confirmed accommodation within the area. Accommodation is not provided for this role.
DBCT P/L will be holding an assessment centre interview process. Candidates need to be available to attend on this day.
To be successful, ideally you will have:
- A strong focus on working safely
- Initiative and willingness to learn
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Previous work experience in the trade
- Ability to obtain a driver’s licence by the end of 2023
- Senior certificate or equivalent (expect to have at the end of 2023), containing:
- Sound results in Maths (minimum Maths A), English, and relevant vocational education subjects. Graphics is preferred.
MRAEL and DBCT P/L are willing to support you through the application process. Please contact us and we can provide assistance.
On the DBCT P/L website are application resources that may assist in writing a cover letter and resume.
Applications close, Sunday 26th November at 6pm - we will not accept applications after this date.
- Ensure an up to date Resume is uploaded to your account.
- Cover Letter - Stating why you are interested in a Fitting & Turning Apprenticeship.
- Senior certificate or equivalent (if currently at school / or completed within the last 2 years)
- Complete the attached Application Form and provide to email@example.com
- You will be required to complete the aptitude testing for this position
STOP!!! Is your application completed? If you fail to provide and complete all details as requested above your application will not be considered.
MRAEL is an equal opportunity employer.