- Work for a company that encourages input, ideas and feedback!
- Monday - Friday roles based in Rockhampton
- Overtime and or Weekend work Available
We are searching for an experienced Maintenance Fitter to assist with repairing and maintaining products delivered to the Service Centre and in Customer operations.
Responsibilities of the role
- Maintaining and repairing the products in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Service Centre Quality Manual, or the relevant maintenance manual
- Recommending improvements to products, service and internal processes.
- Working safely and working productively.
- Adhering to Customer regulations as required.
- Stripping, repairing and reporting on Customer pumps delivered to the Rockhampton Service Centre.
- Occasionally, stripping, repairing and reporting on pumps at Customer operations.
- Occasionally travelling to and from Customer operations, with periods away from home.
- Be fully and actively involved in implementing the Weir Production System at their Rebuild Centre.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Fork lift operators ticket
- Crane operators ticket
- Doggers ticket
To view the full details for the role and to apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our Careers portal.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and a drug & alcohol screen.
https://www.global.weir/about-us/ [link removed]
Supporting all of our people
At Weir, we wish to encourage applications from all people. Fostering an inclusive environment where all people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work is our commitment.
https://www.global.weir/careers/we-are-weir/diversity-and-inclusion/ [link removed]