Financial Systems Supervisor
- Permanent / Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $113,497 - $120,417 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 7) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
The Finance Section is seeking a driven Financial Systems Supervisor to lead the Financial Systems team and provide specialist and professional advice to the Finance team and wider organisation.
In this diverse role, you will be responsible for coordinating Council’s overall financial systems framework, system changes, new implementations, and major upgrades and ensure sufficient system controls are in place to minimise any risk to the security of financial and asset information in accordance with statutory requirements, Council policy and the unit’s objectives.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (preferably with current CPA membership) combined with management experience in a Local Government Environment
- Strong leadership qualities and experience driving a positive, collaborative and inclusive culture throughout your team
- In-depth knowledge and experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong skills in the management and oversight of financial systems, particularly TechnologyOne experience
What you'll get in return
- As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
- Your Current resume.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting (or relevant field) preferably with current CPA membership and significant experience and knowledge of financial systems management and relevant legislation and accounting standards
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Well-developed leadership skills and experience with proven ability to mentor and motivate staff to promote a culture of personal growth and delivery of results
Please use Council’s and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your online application.