Finance and Admin Officer
Gladstone Seafarers Centre
Gladstone, Gladstone & Central QLD
Accounts Officers/Clerks (Accounting)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-orientated Finance and Admin professional with strong ‘people skills’ to become a member of the team overseeing the financial and administrative requirements of the operations.
To ensure your work meets the required standards, you will have a passion for detail and a methodical approach to accurately utilising information that is 100% correct, first-time, every-time.
As a key contact to team members, customers, and various government departments, you’ll pride yourself on your professionalism and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will have a demeanour which will create a positive and productive environment in the workplace and will be actively involved in the mentoring of other team members.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable
- Account receivable
- Bank and credit card transaction processing and reconciliation
- Preparation of financial reports; and
- Processing weekly payroll and maintaining accurate employee financial records including STP uploading requirements
- Prepare quarterly BAS for lodgement to ATO in consultation with management
- Liaise with relevant government departments in relation to superannuation and PAYG requirements
- General administrative tasks including event coordination and providing admin support across the business as required.
The key experience and skills required for this position are:
- Required minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role with accounting package experience
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience lodging BAS within an organisation
- Intermediate MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Xero certified adviser
- Registered BAS agent
We offer a friendly work environment with an inclusive culture. You will join a close-knit team supported by a valuable team of volunteers.
All applicants should supply their resume, providing their experience relevant to this position, in a separate cover letter.
Applications should be submitted by email to the General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with
Subject Title: Finance and Admin Officer
please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Enquiries: please email email@example.com