Whittens is an Australian owned and operated multidisciplined civil construction company, proudly offering over 20 years' experience throughout Western Australia, New South Wales, and Queensland.
With a growing reputation, we continue to partner with some of Australia's major Infrastructure, Mining, Oil and Gas and Defence clients, specialising in the delivery of large scale and technically complex concrete construction, roadworks, earthworks, and piping works projects.
Our mission, as an agile and people centric business, is to be the market leader in civil contracting, achieving sustainable growth through high performing people who safely deliver successful project outcomes for their clients.
Due to continued growth and increasing scope of works, Whittens are actively recruiting for Formworkers, Concreters and Steel Fixers to commence on a project we have secured in the Bowen Basin.
- Project commencement mid October 2022
- 2:1 roster
- Base rate + penalties + PCI entitlement
- Full-time fixed term positions
- Weekly pay
- Construction Card (Blue/White)
- Experience in civil construction/mining and concrete works
- Trade qualified personnel with relevant tickets, licences and qualifications combined with on site experience
- Current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Statement of Attainment highly desirable
- Proactive safety attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Must be able to pass a Pre-employment Medical including a Drug & Alcohol Screen
What we offer
Whittens are committed to investing in our people, offering learning and development opportunities to build on the skills and experience you bring. With a strong pipeline of future works secured, you can be assured that there are opportunities beyond the current project to build your career with us.
You will work amongst engaged leaders and collaborative teams, in a high-performance culture with safety being at the forefront of everything we do. You will be favourably remunerated, receive project allowances, qualify for project completion bonuses and be eligible for cash bonuses as part the employee referral program.
Whittens is committed to workplace diversity. We support women in civil construction, champion Indigenous partnerships and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, from 1st January 2022, Whittens require employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. If you wish to apply for a role at Whittens, please consider this new requirement when submitting your application.
Please note that this role is being sourced through Whittens directly, and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.