An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Technicians (HD Diesel Fitter) to join the Service Department. Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to carry out maintenance and repairs on mobile equipment and ensure excellent customer service. The role plays an integral part in ensuring high levels of safety, quality and efficiency are given to the Gladstone Service Department. The successful person will be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical understanding of the design & function of Komatsu equipment. You will be responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems utilising relevant literature and testing equipment. Additionally work will involve coordinating site based equipment maintenance projects, in particular, coordinating job packet requirements, following job scope and critical path. The role requires the ability to generate required technical reports such as service reports and TSI & warranty claim processes. As such you will need to be able to use Komatsu operating programs such as Link One and SMAP.
Roster: 7 days on 7 days off / 12.5 hour days
Role Located: Gladstone
Komatsu can provide you with:
- Technology: Discounts on Apple, Dell, Lenovo, and Microsoft products
- Financial: Komatsu Employee Referral Program offering a bonus of $5,000 if you successfully refer someone for a role, Income Protection options available
- Career: recognition and awards, Komatsu is a recognised training organisation (RTO) providing an opportunity to complete recognised Cert III courses
- Health: Discounted corporate rates with Bupa and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program with total wellbeing solution provider LifeWorks
- Cars, Home & Hardware: Discounts with Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Kennards Hire, Bridgestone and Orix
- Travel: Discounts with Avis, Qantas, Crown, IHG and travel agents
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant Trade Certificate - Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter / Mechanic)
- Minimum of five years post trade experience in a field maintenance position
- Current LR classification driver's licence (minimum requirements)
- Experience with Heavy Machinery (excavator’s, electric haul trucks and diggers) (essential)
- Automotive Air Conditioning Licence will be highly regarded
- Auto Electrical experience, qualifications and diagnostic skills will be highly regarded
- A proven high level of customer service
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work in remote areas and unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) experience, particularly with Komatsu equipment, and field service exposure including breakdowns and diagnostics, will also be highly regarded
Ready to get started? Apply now!
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.