Bis are now currently accepting applications for skilled Mechanical Tradespersons for our Field Service Divisions. These positions will require travel to various sites across the NSW & QLD Coal Fields including the Hunter, Gunnedah, Illawarra, Central West, Central Queensland and the Bowen Basin. The successful candidates will work on our mobile plant making sure its fit for operational use.
These are excellent opportunities for experienced plant mechanics and fitters who don’t mind a bit of travel!– If you are currently working in field service or have a heavy vehicle background and want to get experience in an underground environment, this is the job for you! We will provide you with a tool of trade vehicle, fuel card, accommodation, site allowances and living away from home allowance. Your residential location is negotiable, we can find a location close to you!
Requirements of the role:
The successful applicant will possess:
- Trade qualification as a Heavy Vehicle OR Light Vehicle Mechanic.
- Experience performing breakdown, servicing and general maintenance of a variety of underground mobile plant (advantageous)
- Experience working in any of the following environments including workshops, surface mine sites and underground mine sites
Benefits of working for Bis:
- Mechanical Trade Qualification – (Light Vehicle or Heavy Mechanic/Diesel)
- Strong focus on safety and quality of work.
- Ability to take ownership of each job and be responsible for meeting timeframes.
- Motivated and hardworking, with a professional attitude.
- Company and customer focused
- Previous experience with performing maintenance and repairs to mobile plant (hydraulic experience desirable)
- Have excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding abilities
- Be autonomous, able to operate independently, and unsupervised.
- Be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and respectfully to onsite clients and other tradespersons.
- Be process driven and accountable for your work. Its what you make of it!
- Current Drivers Licence (C Class)
In addition to providing a competitive salary, we provide job security with long-term (and long standing) existing customer contracts. Some of the benefits of working for Bis include:
Who is Bis?
- Novated Leases of Motor Vehicles through SGFleet
- Medibank Private Health Insurance Corporate Discounts
- Income Protection with AustralianSuper
- Paid Parental Leave (Up to 18 Weeks Pay for Primary Carer)
- Employee Referral Programs (between $1000 to $2500)
- Corporate Discounts on Motor Vehicle Purchases with Toyota (Mackay)
- Corporate Discounts with Hertz Australia for car rental
- Education Assistance
Bis is a resources logistics company that provides technology-enabled haulage, materials handling, specialised equipment hire and value chain solutions for customers across 50 sites throughout Australia.
Since 1915, we have delivered customer-led innovations that optimise our customer’s operations. Our people are passionate and inventive. They believe in better, look after each other and live by our values. We work hard in creating a supporting, inclusive and engaging environment because by doing so, our people succeed.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
About Our Recruitment Process
At Bis, we are committed to employing individuals who align with our values. These values speak to the heart of who we are as an employer, a partner to our customers, a brand and a corporate citizen. They help shape our culture and guide our actions. As such, they drive our collective purpose to deliver, every day.
As part of our recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate your suitability for a role. These include but are not limited to National Police Checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.