Now is the time to seize the perfect opportunity and secure a role in the Field Service Team at Hastings Deering, Mackay. We are seeking experienced and highly motivated Field Service Fitters to join our team. This role offers fantastic work life balance with a Permanent Full Time Lifestyle or 7/7 rosters with FIFO options also available. In this integral role, you will directly support our open-cut mining customers in the Northern Bowen Basin region by maintaining and repairing CAT equipment to a high standard.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform maintenance, diagnostics, repairs, rebuilds and component replacement works on all CAT Surface Mining machinery and Engines at various locations and sites.
- Provide outstanding customer service by ensuring our valued customers are kept well informed of all matters in relation to job progress and costs.
- Ensure repairs are carried out using the appropriate control guidelines to ensure that rework does not occur.
- Determine reusability of all disassembled parts.
- Submit accurate service reports, inspection reports, timecards and parts requests
- Support the sale of genuine parts, and when requested, give guidance and advice to the customer on supply of genuine parts.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
About the Benefits
- Relevant Trade qualifications and demonstrated service and repair experience on CAT Surface Mining Equipment.
- Current coal board medical and a Std 11 Qualification or the ability to acquire via HDAL
- Industry experience in earthmoving, construction, quarrying and open cut mining
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as a team as required
- Demonstrated and proven ability with electronic devices
- Experience on Caterpillar Diagnostic and information systems (ET, Vims, SIMSi and SIS)
- Commitment to a high level of workplace health and safety
- Your ability to work under pressure during peak periods is essential
- CATERPILLAR dealer experience seen as advantageous
For this role Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive hourly rate & relevant allowances as per our enterprise agreement
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Income Protection Insurance
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- A culture of innovation, collaboration, and execution
- Ongoing training & support to further your career
- Competency based pay increases
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Paid parental leave options for primary (13 weeks) and secondary carers (1 week)
Enquiries: For more information regarding this role and other Hastings Deering opportunities across CQ please contact Lily Dann on firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW !!!!!
Like the ‘Hastings Deering’ Facebook page or find us on LinkedIn.
Every day, thousands of people come to work at Hastings Deering and every time they walk through our doors, we want them to know how valued they are. Our Flexibility and Inclusion program, ‘Together as One’, is designed to create a diverse, inclusive and powerful workforce where all our people feel like they belong and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.