About the Role
Whether you're kicking off your career or looking to take the next big step, we offer opportunities for our team to start something BIG (along with some seriously good perks).
We are on the hunt for a CIT Field Service Fitter to join our award-winning team in Mackay, working across the region to service our Construction Industries customer base. This is a Permanent, Full-time role working an even time roster.
Reporting to the Field Service Foreman, you will:
- Perform maintenance, repairs and reconditioning works on all CAT machinery and Engines at various locations and sites.
- Provide outstanding customer service by ensuring our valued customers are kept well informed of all matters in relation to job progress and costs.
- Ensure repairs are carried out using the appropriate control guidelines to ensure that rework does not occur.
- Determine reusability of all disassembled parts.
- Submit accurate service reports, timecards, parts request sheets and parts quotes.
- Support the sale of genuine parts, and when requested, give guidance and advice to the customer on supply of genuine parts.
Why Hastings Deering?
At Hastings Deering our people are our heart-it's as simple as that.
When you start something big with Hastings Deering, you'll have access to:
- A competitive hourly rate and competency-based pay increases
- Employee discounts, rewards, and incentive programs.
- Income protection insurance
- A balanced work schedule working an even time roster.
- Dedicated programs and utilities to support your physical, mental, and financial health, such as our EAP, free health checks, and discounted private health insurance.
- Opportunities for training, mentorship, and career development specific to your role.
- A supportive, diverse, and inclusive team spread across Australia and internationally.
- Ask us about our employee bonus payments. Earn up to $750 per quarter!
- Field Service Allowance!!
A successful teammate will have experience in:
- Relevant Trade qualifications and demonstrated service and repair experience on CAT.
- Site based mining roles will require current coal board medical and a Std 11 Qualification or the ability to acquire via HDAL.
- Industry experience earthmoving, construction, quarrying, local council, maritime port, and agricultural customers will be highly regarded.
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as a team as required.
- Demonstrated and proven ability with desktop computers and devices
- Experience on Caterpillar Diagnostic Systems (ET Vims, SIMSi and SIS)
- Commitment to a high level of workplace health and safety
- Your ability to work under pressure during peak periods is essential.
- CATERPILLAR dealer experience seen as advantageous.
To Apply: Hit the 'Apply Now' button.
Enquiries: Please call 1300 071 618
Contact Person: Talent Acquisition Partner - Lily Dann
About Hastings Deering
Hastings Deering is one of the top 5 Caterpillar dealerships globally. We sell, rent, and offer support and parts distribution services for Cat® products across a range of industries, including resources, general construction, civil transport and commercial construction, power systems, government, primary industries and marine.
We have more than 3,500 employees across 23 business service centres throughout Queensland, Northern Territory, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and New Caledonia, with our headquarters based in Brisbane, Australia.