Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia (HCA) is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment. At the heart of HCA's trusted and reliable equipment range lies a team of talented and dedicated people committed to providing industry-leading after sales service and reliable solutions.
Due to growth within the Central Queensland region, our Emerald branch has an exciting opportunity for a trade qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter / Mobile Plant Mechanic to join the team as a Field Service Fitter.
In this role, your key focus will be to provide quality customer outcomes through diagnostics, maintenance and repairs to our Hitachi earthmoving equipment and associated product lines, including major shutdowns and new equipment builds for mining assets. This permanent role will allow you to access OEM training while you build a long-term career in a global company.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ensure the HCA Safety Culture is embraced, displayed and driven from within - safety takes priority over everything else
- Hold relevant Australian (or Australian recognised) Mobile Plant trade qualifications
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of construction and/or mining equipment
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to work autonomously within remote areas
- Have good communication and customer service skills with the ability to build long term relationships
- Have great technical knowledge and diagnostic ability, navigating complex technical issues in repair and maintenance services with minimal to zero rework
- Excellent technical knowledge of Hitachi mining equipment would be highly advantageous
What's in it for you? We are offering:
- Permanent Full Time Position in a leading OEM with long term job security
- Rewarding pay rate + potential overtime + company biannual bonuses! $$$
- Genuine life/work balance working on 12 hour shifts on a 7 / 7 roster
- Ongoing training and opportunities for upskilling with access to the latest technologies
- Supportive management who value your input in finding new and improved ways to achieving success
- Be a part of a leading OEM which genuinely values and ensures everyone is happy and safe at work!
Here at Hitachi, we believe that success comes from the partnership of our market-leading products and the quality of our people. We are an equal opportunity employer, do not discriminate and wholeheartedly value diversity at our company.