Navitas Skilled Futures delivers the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs, and the Skills for Education and Employment Program (SEE), the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTA), and the Foundation Skills for Your Future (FSfyF) program on behalf of the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (DEWR).
We're seeking Expressions of Interest for those qualified and experienced in these areas, to work in Rockhampton, Queensland in a range of organisations to support employee language, literacy, numeracy and digital skills.
Our Trainers are responsible for the delivery of high-quality language, literacy, numeracy, and digital skills training for settlement and employment programs for Navitas clients.
The candidate we seek will ideally have the following:
- A recognised Bachelor degree and Post Graduate TESOL or Bachelor with TESOL major which includes 100 hours practicum (for AMEP pre-employment stream)
- TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE) or its successor; or a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education; or equivalent
- Minimum level of English equivalent to IELTS Score 8
- Demonstrated ability to use core technology in classroom delivery and innovate in delivery of digital technology and applications, e.g. experience using a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments using FSK, ACSF and DLSF, using appropriate tools, eliciting information from clients and interpreting results
- Ability to deliver training using a range of nationally accredited curricula e.g. CSWE, and training packages e.g. FSK
- Demonstrated capacity to use Microsoft Office suite, Google apps and Teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of AQTF principles and methodology incorporating continuous improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated awareness of a range of cultural perspectives and sensitive approaches relevant to Navitas clients
What we can offer you:
- A fun and supportive team environment
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
About Navitas Group
Navitas is a leading global education provider driven by a commitment to transform lives through education. It employs more than 7,000 staff to deliver programs and services to approximately 80,000 students around the world. Navitas consists of two distinct divisions: University Partnerships (UP) and Careers & Industry (C&I) divisions.
The C&I division, which represents a significant part of the Navitas portfolio, brings together niche colleges offering higher education, VET, professional development and employability skills to more than 25,000 students across 22 countries. We employ approximately 1,800 staff to deliver programs in five regions: Australasia, UK, South West Europe, Germany/Switzerland/Austria and the US.
Navitas Skilled Futures delivers the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs, Skills for Education and Employment Program (SEE), the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTA), and the Foundation Skills for Your Future program on behalf of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. We are also the 2021 and 2022 winners of the NSW Premier's Multicultural Community Medals.
We are committed to working with Federal and State Governments, education providers, communities, employers and industry groups to provide the language, literacy, numeracy and employability skills that meet the settlement, study and employment goals of our clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to express your interest to work as a Trainer at Navitas Skilled Futures. All applications must include a resume and a cover letter demonstrating how the applicant meets the essential and desirable requirements.
To our agency partners - thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage.
For further information, please contact Chen Zhao, Academic Team Leader, via firstname.lastname@example.org. EOI will close on 31st March 2023 but appointments can take place prior to that date.
To view other opportunities, please visit https://www.navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.