About Mackay Sugar
Located in tropical North Queensland where a unique lifestyle can be blended with a progressive business, Mackay is home to Australia’s second largest sugar milling company, Mackay Sugar. With more than 140 years’ experience in raw sugar production and employing up to 800 people seasonally, Mackay Sugar is an iconic Australian brand that contributes significantly to our economy and community.
A member of the Nordzucker Group since 2019, Mackay Sugar is undergoing an exciting period of change and growth. Nordzucker is one of the leading sugar manufacturers in Europe and brings a network of global ideas, innovation and opportunities to Mackay Sugar.
Expression of Interest
We offer careers that promise exciting challenges and the opportunity to be part of a growing and "green" industry. More importantly, we offer satisfying and rewarding careers and our employees get to go home to their families every day.
If you wish to apply for a trade position at Mackay Sugar and cannot find any current vacancies that are a good match for your interest and experience, we encourage you to submit and Expression of Interest application.
Mackay Sugar Benefits
- Lifestyle Shift Roster including applicable allowances and overtime (for shift workers)
- Home Every Day
- Permanent, Fixed Term and Casual positions (23% casual loading)
- 5 Weeks of Annual Leave
- Rostered Days Off during Maintenance Season
- Training and Development to maintain and expand your skill set
- Access to discounted products and services at more than 20 local business (permanent employees)
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- All PPE and prescription glasses supplied
Mackay Sugar Limited is an equal opportunity employer.