- Permanent Full Time - Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- LGIA Stream C C10-C7 $64,106 - $69,927 per annum
(Minimum rate depending on qualifications and experience)
- Potential earning capacity in the vicinity of $75,000 per annum
(Dependant on applicable penalty rates, over time and allowances)
- Location – Rockhampton & Gracemere
You can register your interest in Mechanic positions at Council by submitting a current resume and a cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications and suitability. For a guide to completing your cover letter along with a cover letter template please refer to the Council website.
The Recruitment team will contact you directly to discuss opportunities that may become available that match your qualifications and experience.
As a Mechanic you will undertake repairs and maintenance on a wide range of Council machinery, including earthmoving equipment, road trucks and light vehicles.
Your new role
- Home every night - Great work/life balance
- Modern well-equipped workshop conditions
- Diversity in your daily tasks – some field work
- Great opportunities to further your trade qualifications and skills
- Give back to your local community
What we are looking for
- Trade qualification as a Motor Mechanic or Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Experience working on light and heavy vehicles and civil construction plant - fault finding, repairing, testing, modifications and maintenance.
- Safety First attitude, ensuring you are completing regular risk assessments for daily tasks.
- Ability to work together with others to achieve common goals both within immediate team and teams across Council.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments, technology, work priorities and organisational needs.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Opportunity to further your trade qualifications and skills with additional training
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
Your application will remain active until Monday, 11 July 2022 at Midnight (AEST)