Experienced Tyre Technician – Hail Creek & Various
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major, blue chip, mining companies while maximising productivity and enhancing safety. For over 50 years we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre management; delivering savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety, and professionalism.
In Australia alone, we have a presence on over 45 mining operations and, due to continued growth we currently require an experienced OTR Tyre Technicians to work at our Hail Creek operation near Mackay, QLD: 7/7 Day/Night roster.
As Tyre Technician you undertake planned and reactive tyre changes/maintenance on a range of mobile mining equipment. You will provide a high level of continuous service on site by supporting the operations of the workshop, office, stock, and personnel, ensuring the contracted scope of work is performed and maintained to a high standard. The fleet includes Komatsu 960E, Terex MT4400, CAT 793 and an Ancillary Fleet. Duties include:
- Undertaking planned and reactive tyre changes on a range of mobile mining equipment
- Performing routine inspections and assessing wheel components to remain in service, entering data into our revolutionary tyre management system
- Maintaining pressures and quality in accordance with site specifications
- Upholding our commitment to providing an excellent level of service to our clients
Our Hail Creek Operation is a new contract that offers longevity and a safe working environment. This role is available to those living in the immediate vicinity (Nebo), those living in the Mackay area with DIDO (drive-in drive-out) offered, or those looking for FIFO opportunities utilising Mackay as the central point for travel. Transport from Mackay to site can be by either by individual transport or a provided bus service.
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of Earthmover tyre fitting experience on mine sites
- A Certificate II in Automotive Mechanical Tyre Fitting; AUR21916/AUR21920 preferred
- A valid C Class driving licence; HR/LR advantageous
- A current WorkSafe forklift licence
- QLD Standard 11 Mining Induction
- Possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- An understanding that safety is paramount, with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety procedures
- Possess a high level of maturity, initiative, and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
WHAT WE OFFER
- Even time roster 7/7 Day/Night
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Fortnightly averaged paid wages – (same consistent pay)
- Ongoing in-house training and development from our RTO
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts, and support programs
This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world class organisation. We are looking for candidates who will exhibit an unwavering commitment to Health & Safety, to utilise their OTR Tyre Fitting expertise in an environment that fosters progression and development.
Are you interested? Apply now! Or for further information please contact Recruitment on 08 6274 7246 or email email@example.com