Fulltime permanent positions
Paid Annual | Sick Leave
$60 - $71 / hr (+10.5% Super)
At Bluff Coal Mine, HSE operates both large and medium sized pre-strip fleets on a seven day continuous roster. HSE are seeking to appoint experienced and qualified Diesel Fitters, Auto Electricians and Boilermakers to play a key role in maintaining the site’s mobile equipment fleet through preventative maintenance, breakdown repair and schedule component replacement.
Full time permanent positions are being offered on 7/7 roster at revised rates of between $60 - $71 per hour (plus super) based at Bluff Coal Mine located less than 2 hours from Rockhampton.
Are you tired of moving around central Queensland from job to job, camp to camp, undertaking inductions after induction as a sub-contractor tradesman?
Would you rather move site and work in a permanent role?
It doesn’t get any better than Bluff Mine! So, if you are looking to put your feet down in a permanent role, on a high quality project, closer to your home in Rockhampton/Yeppoon/Emerald/Bundaberg, apply here!
Rates will be determined depending on your competencies and skill set level on the equipment listed below:
Job role or Job Description:
Role on offer will involve delivering high work standards across a busy workshop and will require:
- Experience on the following machines and equipment:
- Excavators Hitachi 3600/2500, Liebherr996
- Haul Trucks Cat 789, 793
- Dozers D10, D11
- Graders 16, 24M
- Demonstration of a strong commitment to safety, environmental standards and compliance
- Ensuring all maintenance work undertaken is in accordance with site Safety Management Systems
- Carrying out repairs, maintenance, and diagnostics on heavy mobile mining equipment
- Attending to breakdowns, perform diagnostics, basic servicing
- Regularly communicating with production staff regarding timelines for repairs and service
- Identifying possible opportunities that will improve the maintenance function and reporting progress to the Supervisor
- Assisting production to reach targets by undertaking all allocated tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Completing paperwork to a high standard
Our Ideal Candidates
The ideal candidates will strive for excellence in your field of expertise and have a passion for what you do, as well as a strong commitment to safety whereby you consistently lead by example. In addition to your passion and experience you will hold the following qualifications:
- Relevant Australian Recognised Trade Certificates in associated disciplines
- A Current Queensland Coal Board Medical
- A Current BMA Standard 11 Statement of Attainment
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Commitment to the Values and Code of Conduct of HSE Mining
- Working at Heights, Forklift Operation, Confined Spaces and EWP tickets are desirable
Benefits & working conditions:
- Permanent position with HSE
- 7 on 7 off roster, 12.5 hours
- Site Accommodation and meals provided
- BIBO or DIDO available from Rockhampton/Yeppoon
- Salary Sacrifice option available for cost of flights connection with BIBO services
- Payrates includes Tool Allowance
At HSE we take care of our employees, and you will be committed to safety in the workplace. We’re proud of our ‘Protect & Respect’ initiative and provide extensive on the job training to ensure our you get home safely at the end of every day.
Apply now and grow your career with HSE
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.