At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
If you are a self-motivated, forward thinking executive assistant who is ready to make a difference, then this a great opportunity for you.
Reporting to the General Manager Peak Downs Mine and working closely with the Principal Planner, you will make a difference each day through providing outstanding support to this dynamic and engaging senior executive and leadership team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and time optimization solutions to forward plan work and ensure effectiveness of leadership team;
- Diary and email management to enable the efficient organisation and execution of daily activities;
- Preparing agendas, presentations, reports and coordinating meeting logistics;
- Using SAP for purchasing (POs/ PRs) and expense reconciliation
- Event management with both internal and external stakeholders; and
- Supporting projects and other ad hoc duties as required.
- You will have a proven abilIty to work autonomously, proactively establish priorities and take responsibility for time sensitive deliverables.
- Your strong communication and organizational skills will be an asset - as will your attention to detail, initiative and talent to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- You will be an advocate for enabling collaboration and the simplification of tasks, and possess strong knowledge of office suite systems.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP's Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.