Make your mark with Thiess
Every day, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
We are seeking experienced Excavator Operators to join Pembroke Resource’s, new autonomous project in the Bowen Basin - the Olive Downs Complex
Pembroke Resource’s Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres South-East of Moranbah and is due to commence mining operations in mid-2023. Thiess has recently been awarded a five-year contract to deliver full-service mining operations, including mine planning overburden removal, drill and blast, load and haul, water management and rehabilitation as well as the construction of the mine infrastructure.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a new workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and one that values everyone’s contribution equally. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
Working 7 days on 7 days off day/night roster and reporting to the Mining Superintendent, your duties will include:
- Operating machinery efficiently, safely, and competently to ensure maximum output
- Complying with Thiess’ policies and procedures
- Operate, drive and move material as directed to prepare operating areas and roads
As a successful applicant, you’ll be a high-achieving team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. To be successful in this role, you would have experience in:
- Proven experience operating Large Excavators in a mining environment (Ideally Liebherr 9800, 9600 and 9400)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11
- Preferred experience with CAT MineStar technologies including Command for Haulage, Fleet and/or Terrain
What Thiess can do for you
- Annual salary, Up to $161,259 inclusive of super
- Even time roster of 7/7 and 12hr days/nights on offer to provide a balanced lifestyle
- Access to fully funded flights from Brisbane to Moranbah / Mackay
- BIBO from Mackay & Moranbah
- Permanent full-time positions
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development as part of delivering a modern autonomous mine
- Health & well-being rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary sacrifice options – flights and novated leasing
- Individual flexibility arrangements on offer - (Live Local, FIFO or DIDO)
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
The Strong & Sustainable Resource Communities Act 2017 principles apply to this position.