Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Senior Engineer to contribute to Council’s success.
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity, 9-day fortnight - Located in Calliope
- Work within a well-established and well-qualified team of professionals
- Flexible Working Arrangements, including remote work and flexible hours
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to identify and design asset solutions that balance whole of life costs with customer function requirements to ensure maximum value can be obtained from Council assets.
You will bring:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering and extensive disciplined knowledge and relevant experience in civil engineering design and investigation design.
- Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) accreditation.
- High level collaboration and negotiation skills to successfully engage and influence key stakeholders.
- High level communication (oral and written) skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers (contractors, service authorities, consultant engineers) and writing reports.
- High level mentoring and staff development skills.
- Highly developed quality management, risk management and safety in design skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of relevant acts and regulations, engineering guidelines and standards.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and comprehensive knowledge of and experience in design software and its interface with civil engineering.
Why work for GRC?
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
There is no set closing date as Council will review applications periodically and will withdraw the advert once the position has been filled.