WorkPac has partnered with Anglo American to seek Entry Level Operators to join the production team at their Steelmaking Coal operation, Dawson Mine, on an Entry Level Operator Program. Applicants within Banana Shire and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply.
Anglo Americans Dawson Mine is an open cut mine that produces Steelmaking Coal, located within the Banana Shire and is situated approx two hours Southwest from Rockhampton and seven hours Northwest from Brisbane.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 797 and Komatsu 830 Dump Trucks
• Work 7/7 Alternating Dayshift/Nightshift roster
• 12.5 Hour Shifts
• Maintain equipment
• Operate equipment safely
• Follow company policies and procedures
Successful applicants will possess the following:
• Commitment to safe work behaviors and adherence to site safety procedures
• A valid Open Drivers Licence
• Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
• Basic computer and numeracy skills
• Residence within Banana Shire and surrounding areas
The following will be highly regarded but are not essential:
• Previous machine operating experience
• Previous experience working shifts/rosters
• Current Coal Industry Standard 11
• Current Coal Board Medical
• Valid HR Drivers Licence
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with us. Apply with us for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
You must create or update your myworkpac account with your personal details and current resume.
Krys McKinley - 07 4800 3700
Job Reference Number: 7396J202235079
Applications Close 12 August 2022
Applications will not be considered unless all the above criteria have been met and you have applied via www.workpac.com
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.