Lives Lived Well opened our newest residential alcohol and other drug treatment service - the first of its kind in Rockhampton and in Central Queensland in late 2021.
We are offering Registered and Enrolled Nurses a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a new specialised team which will provide residential rehabilitation, withdrawal and family support for this 42-bed service.
As a Nurse in our Rockhampton service, you will be responsible and accountable for managing the complex health needs of the residential client population including clients undergoing withdrawal support.
Our clients present with drug and alcohol dependency and a broad range of associated psychological and physiological issues including complex co-morbidities.
We will support you through access to:
- Regular training and supervision
- Our Nursing Community of Practice and other Nurse mentor/s
- Individual support from our Medical Specialist including client case conferencing
These are casual positions.
What do you need to apply?
- Hold current qualifications as a Nurse
- Experience in working with people who have significant alcohol and other drug and/or mental health issues.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of client centered care.
- Work collaboratively with General Practitioners and other colleagues providing medical support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Current Australian-issued Driver’s License.
Why Join us? Here's how we support you:
- A focus on wellbeing – self-care, clinical support and a holistic view of health and wellness
- Learning opportunities – a comprehensive induction program and ongoing clinical and leadership capability development
- Clinical innovation – you will deliver world class treatment programs and participate in research through our partnership with The University of Queensland
- Clinical Supervision – a structured program to support your practice
- We will listen to you. Our people have important insights
- Career options – we run many services in many places across Queensland and NSW, so you can progress your career
What does Rockhampton have on offer?
A regional city of around 80,000 people, ‘Rocky’ offers the benefits of affordable country living with all the advantages of city life. It’s just a 30-minute drive to beachside Yeppoon and an easy commute to work. Apply for a position at our Rockhampton service.
Click ‘apply’ and go to our LLW Careers page and submit your application. Please note we only accept applications through our Careers page.
Applications close: Friday, 13 May 2022
For questions or information about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural, and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.
Confirmations of employment will be subject to the candidate's possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, evidence of Covid-19 vaccination and a completed Australian Criminal History Check (paid for by the organisation).