We have a permanent opportunity for an Engineering Manager to have an impact at our Gladstone operations.
Leading from the front, you will provide technical engineering and project/program management expertise to the plant. This encompasses oversight of engineering standards with decision function in quality development and the standard of engineering. Most visibly, you will lead the development and delivery of capital expenditure programs, aligned to strategic plans and delivery of major shutdowns for the Gladstone site.
You will take pride in supporting, coaching, developing and mentoring your team and others to achieve high performance and influence the success of our operations.
About the role:
As Engineering Manager, your role will:
- Provide visible HSE leadership and maintain a safe system of work for employees and contractors
- Lead and execute delivery of the CAPEX program ensuring the long term operational needs of the business are supported and commercially viable
- Lead a team providing Operational Engineering needs to ensure the business targets are met, safely and production is optimised
- Provide program management for major works
- Own the frameworks, policies and practices for the site engineering function
- Provide engineering leadership and expertise, introducing best practice engineering solutions in a consistent and transparent manner
- Provide leadership in the management of operational assets (fixed and mobile) and support the implementation of asset lifecycle strategies across sites with the Maintenance Manager
- Lead the coordination of major shutdown planning and manage execution providing strategic leadership and direction aligned to asset management principles
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to ensure plant and equipment is compliant with regulatory requirements and is effectively maintained
- Engage in and support the annual budget planning process, including defining strategic initiatives and business priorities. Drive best practice cost management processes.
- Build and develop a competent, capable and committed workforce to meet present and future business needs.
- Drive and champion continuous improvement methodologies to ensure value of all spend
- 10+ years experience in maintenance management role or asset management role, within cement manufacturing
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role, ideally in cement manufacturing
- Experience in managing teams across several sites
- Degree qualified with proven experience in a maintenance management, asset management or engineering management role within resources, manufacturing or construction industries.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role within an industrial environment
- Experience managing capital portfolios and project management
- Proven leadership, management and planning skills
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of asset lifecycle value chain
- Experience in leading preventative maintenance programs
- In depth understanding of asset and lifecycle management strategies
- Familiar with relevant reliability processes and tools (RCM, RCA, FMECA)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders
- Experience developing and executing operational and capital budgets
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- A passion and talent for coaching, mentoring and developing a high performing team
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Lead capital expenditure and engineering programs of works
- Provide engineering leadership and expertise to our Gladstone operations
- Join Australia’s largest integrated cement plant
- Enjoy a the lifestyle of living in a regional coastal location
- Salary package that includes bonus potential
- Benefits include novated leasing, product discounts, EAP program and parental leave
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we provide you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights. Cement Australia requests all new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide evidence of your status.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.