NQBP is one of Australia’s largest port authorities by tonnage throughput. Around half of Queensland’s trade, by tonnage, passes through our ports at Weipa, Abbot Point, Mackay and Hay Point. In line with our mission, we take great care to provide safe, sustainable and competitive seaport services to efficiently facilitate imports and exports through our Queensland ports.
The Engineering Intern will work with outstanding mentors to support a range of projects through design, project management and contract administration for port infrastructure and assets. This opportunity is available for up to 9 months, commencing mid year.
- Maintain engineering records by collecting, recording, and analysing data within relevant systems.
- Support engineering projects through the application of project and contract management principles and provision of engineering input.
- Liaise with contractors, and services providers through the stages of the capital and maintenance projects to ensure the project objectives are achieved against scope, time, cost, quality, benefits, and risks.
- Effectively communicate and collaborative with all stakeholders and customers
- Undertake and record engineering inspections, auditing, and investigation of assets to ensure regulatory compliance and suitability.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in Engineering Degree(Civil) (Second or Third year)
- Be highly capable in analytical skills and problem-solving.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
WHY JOIN NQBP
NQBP is committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to their work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQI+ community, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We have a team of diverse professionals who are committed to our values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Unity. Our people pursue a high standard of environmental guardianship, performance and management, both of our own activities and those of commercial partners.
Please apply online with your current resume and a cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate for the role. Applications close on 16 April 2023.