Grow your career with Thiess
As a global business, we are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities. We are committed to Thiess being a company that supports great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
We are seeking an experienced Mining Engineer to design and develop plans and schedules for the mining operation at Pembroke Resource’s new project in the Bowen Basin - the Olive Downs Complex.
Pembroke Resource’s Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres South-east of Moranbah and is due to commence mining operations in early 2023. Thiess has recently been awarded a five-year contract to deliver full-service mining operations, including mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul of Waste and Coal, ROM management, Environment management and rehabilitation as well as the construction of the mine infrastructure.
About the role
Working an 8/6 roster and reporting to the Sr Mining Engineer, your duties will include:
- Development of short-term design plans and schedules for the mining operation.
- Assist with the development and improvement of mine planning guidelines for autonomous operations.
- Reconciliation of actuals against mine plan, assumptions and benchmarks.
- Verify the accuracy of operational data captured.
- Analyse operational data and propose improvements.
- Assist Sr Engineer in the management of the weekly dig/dump plans in consultation with Mining Superintendents and Supervisors.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the Weekly Plan and site Safety Health and Environmental management systems to ensure safe and sustainable operations.
- Assist with the daily, weekly and Monthly reporting against KPIs and budgets.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a new workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and a culture that values everyone’s contribution equally. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
As a successful applicant, you’ll be a high-achieving, team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship-building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Previous demonstrated experience in an Open-Cut mining environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with Vulcan or other mine design software.
- Scheduling experience (spry or another package) will be highly regarded.
- Minestar and autonomy experience will be highly regarded.
- A commitment to the best practice of health, safety environment, and community at all times
What Thiess Can Do for You
- Help you develop your skills in engineering and mine planning.
- Help to grow your career, offering diverse and varied opportunities for advancement
- World-class health & wellbeing programs
- Salary sacrifice options
- A range of corporate discounts, including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- Genuine Choice Rosters - (Live Local, DIDO & FIFO)
- Referral bonus program
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open-cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
The Strong & Sustainable Resource Communities Act 2017 principles apply to this position.