Job Title: Engineer - Control Systems
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are delighted to announce that we are looking for an Engineer – Control Systems at our flagship Yarwun manufacturing site located in Gladstone, Queensland. Reporting to the Senior Manager Technical.
Orica Yarwun manufactures nitric acid, ammonium nitrate and sodium cyanide products which are used in mining, infrastructure, agriculture and water industries locally, nationally and internationally. Orica has operated at Yarwun for over 30 years and is committed to the health and safety of employees and minimising the impact of our manufacturing activities on the community and the environment.
The Engineer - Control Systems provides technical support and continuous improvement for the site instrument and control systems.
What you will be doing
- Complete subject matter expert reviews of management of change proposals relating to DCS, SIS systems and instrumentation;
- Provide DCS, SIS and high-level instrumentation support to the site for production, maintenance, projects, analytics, supply chain, procurement and administration activities;
- Develop and maintain all control and safety instrumented systems related procedures, documentation and drawings;
- Maintain site historian including ensuring back up process in place;
- Provide technical support for the selection and design of instruments including updating and maintenance of loop drawings;
- Review performance of the DCS and issue notifications as required;
- Provide functional safety and technical support and documentation for SIL analysis as required.
What you will bring
- A minimum of 3 years experience in control systems;
- RPEQ preferred but not essential;
- Advanced computing skills;
- Excellent time management, communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to work independently;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Results orientated, conceptual thinker with a tenacity for taking initiative.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.