Our client's role is to provide facilities throughout the region in an effective and efficient manner and encourage strategic and sustainable development of the area for the benefit of all citizens
Our client is seeking a qualified electrician for a four week period to be responsible for the maintenance and construction of assets. Shifts are Monday - Friday, 6:30am to 3:00pm over a 9 day fortnight. Duties include;
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures, following all legislative requirements in the Electrical Safety Act
- Diagnose malfunction systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of breakdown and correct the problem
- Report on installation and repair work to maintain a compliance register
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment in compliance with codes
- Assist in the planning, supervising and implementing of the day to day work tasks relevant to the position, and report any concerns or problems to your supervisor without delay with suggested rectification action
- Contribute to the development of estimates and programming of electrical works for internal, external and private works, and carry out associated activities in line with design and plans
- Provision of efficient and effective electrical services to a range of operations and services
- Design and review electrical/instrumental infrastructure as required to ensure best practice is achieved and to maximise efficiencies in the area of responsibility
- Develop and provide reports on tasks undertaken within set timeframes.
- Trade qualifications are essential
- Relevant licensing for trade
- Ability to pass a pre-employment functional assessment and/or behavioural testing
- Possession of a current C Class Open Australian Driver's Licence.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with relevant Electrical Safety Acts and Electrical Safety Regulations
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
FindStaff provides comprehensive employment solutions across both blue and white collar industries. FindStaff have over 30 years' involvement in sourcing professional, experienced and astute candidates for businesses of all sizes & requirements.