About the Role
Ventia has been awarded two contracts by Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) at their alumina refinery in Gladstone. The works to be delivered are an upgrade of the Sewage Treatment Plant and the Alkali Mist Reduction Project. The contracts incorporate supply of materials and multidiscipline labour for the upgrade of the existing sewage treatment plant, and structural strengthening work and pipework installations within the refinery.
Ventia is looking for a Permanent Electrician to deliver preventative and reactive maintenance to live plants across Brown Field operations.
As an Electrician, you will be involved in demolition & decommissioning of existing electrical, instrumentation and communication equipment to the current sewerage plant facility on QAL site, including install of cable, junction boxes, support brackets, cable ladders, conduit, terminations, testing, cable pulls. Running calibrations, commissioning.
- Gladstone based (local engagement only)
- 9-day fortnight
- 10 hours per day with overtime as required
- Certificate 111 Electrotechnology
- Previous experience with QAL would be an advantage
- Must be Gladstone based
- Electrical License
- CPR /LVR - First Aid
- Valid Australian C class driver's license
- Hep A&B vaccination (or willingness to obtain)
- White Card Construction
- Current Nationally accredited Working at Heights ticket
- Current Nationally accredited Confined Space ticket
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Strong commitment towards safety and quality
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- 9-day fortnight
- Overtime available
- Be part of a company that cares about its people with great team culture
- Access to a variety of health and wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym memberships and health insurance
- Exceptional safety records, standards, and practices
- Ongoing career development and opportunities
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Ventia is one of the largest essential infrastructure services providers in Australia and New Zealand. We are proud to provide the services that keep infrastructure working for our communities.