For over 50 years Ampcontrol has achieved and celebrated a growing workforce across the world. Amongst the technological firsts, awards, impressive growth and global reach, Ampcontrol is a company founded on simple, yet rock solid foundations. A philosophy of anything is possible has meant our customer driven technology solutions are redefining industry expectations. Together with our multi-faced solutions, your safety is our number one priority and we aim to create a supportive, healthy and safe working environment for all workers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role is diverse in many areas of electrical service and offers exposure to OEM equipment, components and systems. Typical duties include hands on electrical service work on heavy industrial and mining sites in the Gladstone and lower Bowen Basin regions. Work would include but not limited to transformer service work, electrical equipment assembly and maintenance, panel wiring, switchboard testing and commissioning, as well as fault-finding and rectification work on electrical switchgear, substations and control systems. This is a progressive position where you will be coupled with experienced personnel when required to increase your skillset to align to the above. All you require, is the motivation to learn and be part of our new team in Gladstone QLD.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Your strong service-oriented mindset, coupled with excellent time management skills, complemented by the following:
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology (or equivalent) and Electrical Trade Certificate is essential.
- Problem solver with a positive and motivated attitude
- Experience in a range of electrical disciplines especially around industrial electrical systems.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Self-motivated with attention to detail, consistency & can practice high quality standards
- A proven record and demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Can work to procedure / process & apply sound judgement.
- Purchased leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Investment in your personal career development & progression
- Extensive training in house of OEM products and our extensive state of the art test equipment
- Flexible work arrangements
As part of our team, we will encourage your ideas, support your ongoing development and career growth, and offer a collaborative environment – all aimed at helping you take your career to the next level.
Most importantly, we're looking for someone who wants to join a fun and hard-working team, with a passion for what they do and how they do it!