Your new career opportunity: Electrical Tradespeople
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Residential role in the tight-knit town of Gladstone surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including subsidised private health insurance
- Permanent full-time positions
- Day work & shift positions available
About the role
We have exciting opportunities available for experienced Electrical Tradespeople to join our team across the various departments at Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL). If you enjoy a challenge and are passionate about safety, team work and continuous improvement, this is the time to join our business.
As a team member at QAL, you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by:
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
- Completing planned and breakdown maintenance on a wide range of Electrical and Instrumentation equipment (including high voltage repairs)
- Diagnosing and recommending repair methods
- Completing Hazardous Area and Gas System installation and maintenance work
- Continuously improving plant stability by identification and elimination of equipment failures and identifying improvements in planned preventative maintenance regimes
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated ability to safely work as an individual and within a team environment
- Current Queensland Electrical Licence
- Certificate III in Instrumentation (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in fixed plant maintenance
- Commitment to safety systems and participation in site safety programs
- Ability to make sound judgments to ensure plant integrity is maintained at all times
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing assigned tasks
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team and to autonomously manage your workload
- A commitment to continuous improvement by identifying process and cost saving initiatives
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population in excess of 63,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is one of the world’s largest alumina refineries, enjoying a global reputation as a leader in the minerals processing industry. QAL is focused on employee engagement, best practice technology, innovative capital solutions, benchmark maintenance and project execution whilst maintaining world class safety, quality and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At QAL, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
f you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a company that cares about being Safe, Stable and Sustainable, apply today.
Applications Close: Sunday, 30 January 2022