At Fortescue Future Industries (FFI) we are leading the global energy transition by developing a portfolio of renewable energy and green hydrogen projects. Our large scale, low-cost hydropower, geothermal, solar and wind assets will support establishment of green energy and green product industries around the world. FFI is committed to building thriving communities by delivering social, environmental, and economic benefits.
Work location: Gladstone, QLD
Roster: Monday to Friday
- Lead the project team to ensure the project is built technically correct. Support the contractors to solve any issues
- Defines, jointly with relevant departments, all project plan documents, including scope and risk management plans
- Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and FFI /Fortescue Metals Group Ltd policies
- Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization
- Identifies, qualifies, quantifies, and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued
- Ensures, analysis and lessons learned are shared throughout the project and formally closed out, as contractually agreed
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules and identifying areas for improvement
- Monitor progress of works and projects to ensure that milestones and performance indicators are met, preparation of reports as required
Experience and skills required:
- Electrical Tradesman
- Minimum of 5 years Electrical site supervisory experience in the Mining and Construction industry
- Australian recognised trade certificate
- High Voltage Switching competency
- Highly proficient at interpreting electrical schematics and drawings
- Hazardous Areas Awareness Certificate (Highly Advantageous)
- DC experience
- Extensive electrical installation and maintenance works
- Strong electrical design understanding
- Strong understanding and capability in relation to positive safety culture, practical application of risk assessment, hazard identification/controls and incident management/reporting
- A proven ability to coach and mentor team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. Fortescue is deeply committed to providing a safe culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, and values diversity. We celebrate individual strengths and team members from all backgrounds are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neuro diverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified