Welcon Technologies has a permanent career opportunity for a junior Electrical Engineer in our Gladstone office.
Our forward workload continues to grow and is based on steady demand across many of our market sectors, including industrial, infrastructure, mining and energy, with a combination of greenfield infrastructure projects and plant upgrades.
We utilise the latest technologies and software to design and deliver customised Electrical Engineering solutions for our clients. These solutions are delivered to:
- Ensure safe and compliant solutions
- Increase plant productivity and system reliability
- Reduce operating costs and energy consumption
- Provide long-term benefits to the environment and the community
Our engineers are passionate about ensuring that our clients’ electrical systems meet these objectives. But it’s not just about sitting behind a computer – this role means getting out on site, meeting with clients, collecting data, getting hands-on with equipment, testing and commissioning. By working closely with our clients, our engineers take pride in being able to understand the client’s objectives and priorities, then delivering safe, well-engineered solutions to meet their needs.
Our culture provides an environment where knowledge is shared, innovation is encouraged, and employees are excited by the challenges of working across a number of industries. Our reputation for quality is the result of talented specialists working with proven systems and an ethos of continuous improvement.
This position is for a junior Electrical Engineer with up to 5 years’ experience. By joining Welcon, you will:
- Work within small teams, under experienced mentors, in a wide variety of industries.
- Expand your skills with LV and HV power distribution.
- Utilise modern software tools to design and analyse electrical systems.
- Take responsibility for your work and meeting budgets and schedules.
- Be challenged but recognised for your innovation and capabilities.
To be successful the prospective applicant will have:
- A Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Several years design experience.
- Excellent language and communications skills, especially written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on building relationships with clients.
- Good knowledge of Australian Standards applicable to electrical engineering.
- A strong desire to learn and take responsibility for your career.
Welcon employees enjoy a flexible work environment, with highly valued Work Life Balance, including a 9-day Fortnight.
Living in Gladstone you will enjoy a modern regional city lifestyle with all modern amenities and recreational facilities. Close to the Great Barrier Reef with coral islands and whale watching only a short drive away, Gladstone provides a safe, relaxed and active environment for young families to grow, with no big city traffic hassles.
To Apply, click the "Apply for this job now" button and submit your Resume today.