Anglo American Steelmaking Coal
Steelmaking coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate five steelmaking coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, and have additional joint venture interests in steelmaking coal and manganese, as well as copper exploration projects underway in North West Queensland and Western Australia.
As the Electrical Coordinator: Longwall, you will be responsible for the coordination of all electrical maintenance activities and resources on the Longwall at Moranbah North Mine. You will work with our industry-leading remotely operated autonomous longwall technology, which was recently recognized for excelling in innovative collaboration at the 2022 Queensland Mining Awards.
- Maintain electrically safe and productive equipment in accordance with maintenance strategies.
- Execute the daily electrical plan for the Longwall.
- Lead and collaborate with your team of electricians to deliver optimal performance with high morale.
- Ensure compliance with all people, safety, technical, operating and business systems, behaviours and culture in your area.
- Act as the on-shift focal point for the implementation and leadership of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyse performance data to identify and prioritise areas for improvement.
- Collaborate and work with your colleagues in Operations, Mechanical and Planning to safely deliver the longwall plan.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships across a range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Electrical Trade qualification or Electrical Engineering degree (required)
- Demonstrated experience working in underground coal mines on longwalls is essential.
- Hold current supervisor qualification (S1, S2, S3, G2)
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and drive performance in a safe and productive manner
- Display ability to be able to collaborate and communicate across different levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience with SAP or other computerised maintenance management systems
- An intermediate skill level with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Full-time permanent, position
- 7 on 7 off day shift only roster
- Residential, DIDO, FIFO options available
- Subsidised accommodation and relocation assistance available for the right candidate looking to relocate to Moranbah.
What we Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave, and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
09 August 2022
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Metallurgical Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.