Integreat Queensland Inc. (previously known as Welcoming Intercultural Neighbours) is a not-for-profit with offices in Gladstone and Rockhampton. Integreat Queensland opens opportunities for everyone from everywhere to get involved, feel welcome, learn new things, and contribute to a strong, thriving local community.
For over 10 years, we’ve been helping new and existing residents across central Queensland to come together and enrich their lives through these connections.
We support people from different countries, backgrounds, and parts of Australia to confidently settle in, make friends, share their skills, and culture, and build relationships with local people that benefit everyone.
Our four key programs are: Healthy Communities, Regional Participation, Learning for the Future and Strengthening Networks. This exciting position will support the General Manager and staff achieve the strategic priorities and program goals… in other words help us make an impact!
The Education & Development Coordinator will lead our education & development program. This program includes Skilling Queenslanders for Work, Get Work Ready, Let’s Talk English program.
To be successful in this role we are seeking someone who wants to work with migrant and local communities, values education & development, and has good project management experience. To be successful you will be friendly, reliable, have a can-do attitude, organised and an attention to detail. As our organisation is committed to making an impact, we are wanting someone who thrives on learning and growing with the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Empower people, including those with barriers to access training, overcome their barriers and support them to enter the workforce through Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) and Get Work Ready projects
- Coordinate our SQW programs, including recruit and wrap round support to assist students to complete accredited education and traineeship projects, in partnership with an RTO
- Provide professional administrative functions including, assist with grant writing, reporting & acquittals
- Support, develop and lead ensuring funded programs / contracts meet KPI’s and quality standards are maintained
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including referral agencies, employers, local industries, and education/training providers
- Undertaking and maintaining accurate documentation including case notes, report writing, and program data collection as required by our organisation and the funding body
- Provide job readiness workshops for students and assist in the development of resumes and job applications.
- Identifying other training and development opportunities
- Coordinate volunteers and support staff as appropriate
- Promote the organisation, its values, and services to the wider community
- Assist with other (related) projects and events as appropriate.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English)
- At least 3 years’ project management experience in a related field
- Good time management, prioritising, planning and work organisational skill
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, verbal, written and presentation
- Problem solving, negotiation skills to effectively address and resolve issues.
- Excellent keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- The position will be offered subject to having:
- QLD Drivers Licence
- Police Clearance
- Qld Bluecard
- Previous experience coordinating education and development programs
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse people (understanding of cross-cultural communication)
- Staff and volunteer supervision experience
- Teaching experience, and or a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Working for an organisation that operates in multiple sites
- Experience working in the community sector and/or in a not-for-profit organisation.
As an employee we will ask that you…
- Share our values including belief in impact led community development, equality, and cultural diversity.
- Follow our workplace health and safety policies, including maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Contribute to the development of work methods and the setting of outcomes.
- Support the organisation using your initiative and judgment in the selection and application of established principles, techniques, and methods.
- Display a positive attitude and be an active member of the team.
- Treats others with respect.
For further information please phone General Manager, Julie Pettett 0403505702
To apply for the position please: Email: email@example.com & have Education and Development Coordinator in the subject line.
- A Cover Letter,
- Response to the Selection Criteria, and
- Resume (including 3 referees)
- Applications will close on Wednesday 17 November.
- Please note, the closing date is provided as a guideline only. This is a priority role and interested applicants are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible. The recruitment process may be closed if a suitable applicant is identified, prior to the closing date.