EARLY INTERVENTION FACILITATOR
- Permanent Full Time or Part Time negotiable
- Location : Rockhampton
ABOUT BUSHkids ORGANISATION
BUSHkids is a non-Government, not-for-profit organisation that works within local communities to support the development of children by increasing community capacity through education, prevention and early intervention programs.
To support children’s health, developmental, educational, and social and emotional wellbeing through equitable and accessible health services.
All Queensland children reach their potential regardless of where they live.
Our Values • We Are
• Child-focused and family-centred
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
This position works as part of the service delivery team providing services to families with children aged 0-6 years with developmental delay or disability who may be eligible for an NDIS plan.
The Early Intervention Facilitator works as part of service delivery team providing NDIS planning and early intervention under the direction of the team leader, for families with children aged 0-6 years with developmental delay or disability.
The Coordinator role is responsible for providing NDIS planning under the direction of the team leader, for families with children aged 0-6 years with developmental delay or disability.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing information and resources to the families about NDIS and services which will address their goals
• Adhere to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Early Childhood Approach (ECA) statement of requirements
• Provide care when and where it best meets the clients’ needs including on site, at home and in the community
• Undertake intervention work with families under supervision of ECA team coordinators
• Undertake accurate and timely documentation and communication. This includes but is not exclusive to statistical information, clinical notes, reports, responses to inquiries, verbal and written documentation to referrers, clients and others
• Assisting families to determine and plan for the services that are reasonable and necessary for their child
• Develop and maintain resources as required by the service delivery team
Other tasks include:
• Actively participate in general staff meetings
• Attend training sessions (in-house and external) when required
• Know and apply BUSHkids policies and procedures; and be familiar with and understand workplace health and safety and apply these in the workplace
QUALIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• A practical, can-do attitude and a passion for children, families and the community
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience working with children and families
• Understanding of the NDIS, choice and control and the principles of person centred care
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or certificate stating medical contraindication
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination status
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
- Blue Card – Queensland’s Working with Children Check OR Combined NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and Blue Card
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in early intervention and prevention services for families and young children including parenting
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in working with vulnerable families who may experience multiple barriers to accessing services
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills necessary to work effectively in a local community to provide high quality services
• Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks and work collaboratively with other service providers
Leadership/Work Unit Management
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and ability to share knowledge and skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently without close supervision and to appropriately manage time and workload
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are to submit a brief resume with contact details of two (2) professional referees; and a maximum two (2) page written response outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the Key Selection Criteria above.
People with a disability or people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or CALD communities are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications received directly from SEEK or other recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
A full job description can be downloaded on the BUSHkids website at https://www.bushkids.org.au/professionals/join-our-team/
Applications will be shortlisted as received, early applications are encouraged.
Enquiries can be directed by phone to Linzi Genninges on 07 4994 2120 or email email@example.com