At the Rockhampton Grammar School Early Learning Centre (ELC) we are dedicated to providing high quality education and care to our families every day. We also value our staff and the important role that they play. RGS ELC staff are provided with fantastic employment conditions, paying above award wages, ongoing professional learning and development and we value a work life balance.
We are currently seeking a mature and exceptional Assistant Educator to join our dynamic team in our Kindergarten Unit and Outside School Hours on a permanent part-time basis (Monday to Friday 27-hours/week). Additional hours will be available during school holidays.
Applicants are to submit their resume along with a response to the selection criteria:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent qualification which is recognised under the Act and experience as an Early Childhood Educator.
- A current Working with Children Card (Blue Card).
- A current First Aid Certificate / CPR/Asthma/Anaphylaxis certification.
- An understanding of the National Quality Standard and the Framework for the Early Years – The Early Years Learning Framework.
- Working knowledge of promoting children’s health and safety.
- Demonstrated proof of planning and implementing an Emergent Curriculum program, maintaining the Centre Philosophy, long and short term goals.
- Developed communication skills.
- Demonstrated proof of effectively using non-contact time, providing evidence of the planning cycle (observations, learning stories, evaluation and reflection) being able to evaluate program routines and activities.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team and to have supervised and assisted activities.
- To have worked in conjunction with the Lead Educator and Director and other Educators in developing an effective educational program based on the interests and needs of the children in your care.
- Demonstrated proof of flexibility and the ability to cooperate with staff, children and parents.
- An advanced understanding of hygiene practices within a children’s service.
- To have undertaken further training relevant to children’s services.
- An ability to inform parents about the program and consult with parents about their child’s individual needs.
- Willingness to participate in staff meetings, yearly planning days, family events and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Be able to work a rotating shift between 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday
- To have an understanding of licensing regulations.
- At least two years’ experience in the child care field.
- Working with Children Check;
- Police Check;
- Current full Driver’s License for a manual vehicle.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN and YOUNG PEOPLE
The School takes child protection seriously, and as a staff member or volunteer of The Rockhampton Grammar School, you are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Practice and Behaviour Guidelines. You will receive a copy of these guidelines as part of the induction process.
Therefore as a part of your duties and responsibilities, you are also required to:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for children and young people;
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to whom we provide services;
- Ensure that your interactions with children and young people are positive and safe;
- Provide adequate care and supervision of children and young people in your charge;
- Act as a positive role model for children and young people;
- Report any suspicions, concerns, allegations or disclosures of alleged abuse to management;
- Maintain valid “working with children” documentation;
- Undergo periodic “national criminal history record” checks;
- Report to management any criminal charges or convictions you receive during the course of your employment that may indicate a possible rick to children and young people.
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the Notice to all Candidates – Staff Safer Recruitment Policy and Recruitment and Selection Policy on the RGS website (http://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
- Complete an Application for Employment Form (Non-Teaching) – found on RGS website (http://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
- Submit your completed Application for Employment Form with your comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, including three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org - apply immediately. Applications will be considered on receipt.
Enquiries about the position should be directed to Mrs Adeina Shackleton on 4936 0880.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.