Where you fit in
The Electrical and Instrumentational Technician is a key member of the Shell Australia team supporting the QGC Asset and is responsible for the execution and performance of preventive and corrective maintenance tasks on plant and equipment.
What’s the role?
The E&I Technician will work with and support the Lead Technician and Supervisor through the execution of maintenance activities to ensure the highest standards in reliability and availability of equipment are achieved. In this role you will be accountable for high quality fault finding, autonomously troubleshooting, inspecting, testing, adjusting, and repairing instrumentation equipment to satisfy appropriate governing standards.
The candidate we are seeking to appoint will work closely with team members and ensure compliance with manufacturer guidelines, maintenance agreements and warranties. You will participate and assist with equipment performance checks and ensure thorough maintenance records are entered into the Maintenance Management System. Working collaboratively, you will provide technical assistance in major maintenance works such as shutdowns, overhauling, and other works. You will provide technical advice on all instrumented and electrical equipment and share learned knowledge with team members.
In addition, from time-to-time involvement in shutdown activities may require:
- Coordination and supervision of work activities
- Input into handover of equipment for maintenance from and to Operations.
- Participate in Toolbox meetings.
- Assist with the development of the maintenance scope of work
What we need from you
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, broad and specialist competencies relevant to the petroleum, gas, and energy sector we would love to hear from you.
- Current Electrical License recognised by the Queensland Electrical Licensing Board
- Certificate III in Electro Technology Instrumentation coupled with demonstrated experience
- EEHA Certification for gas environments coupled with demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated a minimum of three years of experience within an Oil and Gas or Process environment
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining field instrumentation including sensors, transmitters and control valves.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining Low/High Voltage electrical systems including motor controls, generator control, and associated switchgear.
- Experience with fault finding instrument loops including the inputs/outputs of Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems.
- Strong electrical power systems knowledge for reticulation operation and maintenance isolations.
- Be willing and able from time to time to assist in similar discipline work scopes if called upon i.e., HVAC, Addressable fire systems, QMI and telecommunications.
- Experience maintaining and fault-finding UPS systems ideally Gutor or similar.
- Experience in maintaining and testing SIF loops for integrity validation.
- Show initiative and contributes creative ideas and constructive advice to solve operational and maintenance problems and increase efficiency or unit reliability. Highlight issues and solutions to responsible Supervisors /Engineers.
- Experience with Permit to Work (PTW) systems and safety monitoring systems
- The ability to apply company and industry standards and skilled in the application of functional assurance processes
- Posses a strong safety-first mindset, adhering to and advocating the company policies.
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered.
More About Shell In Australia
Shell Australia is a leading natural gas producer, and we are playing our part in the transition to a low-carbon future by also investing in the power sector, renewable energy sources and carbon abatement activities. A Shell career offers opportunities to work on innovative projects such as the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore of Western Australia and the QGC onshore gas business in Queensland. Beyond these are a wide range of Shell’s New Energies development opportunities. Join Shell and let’s power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.