E&I Technician – Hydrate Maintenance
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Permanent, residential role in Gladstone with a huge range of additional benefits (this is NOT a FIFO role)
- Day shift lifestyle roster
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We currently have a position available for an experienced dual trade E&I Maintenance Technician in our Hydrate Maintenance team at our Yarwun refinery. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is looking for growth and development and is passionate about safety, team work and continuous improvement to the way we operate.
As an E&I Maintenance Technician in the Hydrate area you will have exposure to a broad range of equipment across a number of operating assets. Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, your role responsibilities will include:
- Execution on breakdown maintenance
- Working at heights activities
- Be a reliable, contributing member of a maintenance team that understands the requirement to maintain assets in a safe and reliable condition
- Being flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Execution of defined primary and secondary scopes from SAP including but not limited to:
- Instrumentation inspections and calibrations
- QMI Instrumentation inspection and calibrations
- LV Equipment Maintenance
- Critical function testing on various safety critical systems
- Fault finding on complex electrical and instrumentation systems
- DCS and PLC Fault finding
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have a demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team and to autonomously manage your workload. Commitment to safety systems is a must. You will have the ability to make sound judgements to ensure plant integrity is maintained at all times, experience in planning and executing assigned tasks and a commitment to continuous improvement by identifying process and cost saving initiatives. Furthermore:
- An Australian 'A' grade Electrical licence
- Certificate III in Electro Technology
- Certificate III in Instrumentation and demonstrated experience
- Current and valid drivers licence
- Proven maintenance experience working in heavy industry ideally within gas or power generation
- Skilled in detailed fault finding on complex electrical and instrumentation systems
- Current Working at Heights & Elevated Work Platform
- HV switching qualifications and demonstrated experience
- Good computer skills including the use of SAP would be desirable
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
With production beginning in 2004 at our Yarwun alumina refinery, located approximately 10 kilometres north-west of Gladstone in Central Queensland, today the operation produces more than three million tonnes of alumina per year.
Around 700 people support the operation, with an additional 350 contractors on site each year as part of scheduled maintenance shutdown activities. Thanks to its ‘Industry 4.0’ focus, Yarwun is also a leader in trialling new technologies to improve operations on site, including 3D printing, robotics and drones in confined spaces, and is home to Rio Tinto’s innovative Queensland Research and Development Centre (QRDC).
Along with Boyne Smelters Limited and Queensland Alumina Limited, our Yarwun Operation supports the local community in a wide range of initiatives through Here for Gladstone.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.